Saturday, January 22, 2011

Immanuel/Sanctuary Music Notes January 2011

The following is the bi-monthly newsletter (January addition) I send out to current, former and future musicians and friends of the Immanuel Contemporary Music Ministry.



Happy 2011 Everyone!

If you know me at all, you know I am a goal setter. I love brainstorming, dreaming and goal setting! Now... putting plans into motion...I have a goal to get better at that! :)


At any rate, I have some 2011 goals for myself as the director of contemporary music that I would love to share with you:

-Make it a priority to begin every practice/rehearsal/service we have with prayer.

- Continue meeting once a month with the Sanctuary Music leaders to plan for worship, pray, learn and grow with each other.

-Begin meeting once a month with the Immanuel Music leaders to plan for worship, pray, learn and grow with each other.

- Plan and post worship music selections (at least) 2 weeks in advance

- Organize my office...

-Organize music files on planning center

-Write some more music for worship

-Encourage more people to join our choirs/band/groups

-Update my music blog more often (hey! I think I have 2 followers!)

-Inventory our sound equipment

-Work on organizing, growing and enpowering our sound teams at both Immanuel and Sanctuary

I also have some general hopes/goals for 2011 for our music ministry. Disclaimer: the following thoughts lean more towards the brainstorming/hopes side of goals, but here you go anyway:



-That lives will continue to be touched and changed by the messages of God's unending Love that we sing about in our music.

-Community Hymn Sing at Immanuel the first Sunday in May

-Summer concert series at Immanuel ( one concert each month)

-Summer Wednesday night Praise and Prayer (a short service of music, scripture and prayer)

-"Hymn of the Month For Kids" recording

-Sanctuary Christmas CD recording

-The numbers in our groups/choirs/bands increase
-Starting a bible study on Worship/Worship leading


 
Can you help me with something in 2011?

Will you keep me accountable to my personal goals as music director- I could use your help. :)
Will you keep me up to date with any concerns or dreams or hopes you might have for our music ministry- I'd love to talk, please don't hesitate!

Oh and one more thing...

Will you prayerfully consider the people in your lives, and consider inviting (at least) one to church? We have something really unique and special going on with our music at Immanuel/Sanctuary, it is heartfelt, and real, and us. God has called us to use this wonderful music to share His good news with those that don't know it. hey- we as musicians have it 'easy', we can just, say "Come here me play/sing!

And finally, and most importantly.

Will you get to know our Jesus with me in 2011?. Your relationship with the Jesus we sing about every Sunday is of utmost importance to me, and I, or one of our pastors, or your fellow congregants, or your band or choir mates, would love to walk along side of you as you journey to know him better. For me this year, it means picking up the bible...and committing to read it in a 3 year plan. for you it means.... fill in the blank, but I pray that we can all grow in relationship with our Lord and Savior more and more each day.


God Will bless you and keep you, shine His face upon you, and give you Peace in 2011!


Your fellow servant,
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment