Monday, August 24, 2009

New Music for you

I like collecting and listening to hymn compilation projects, from Johnny Cash to Jars of Clay, I love new arrangements of old hymns! A dream of mine is to create a recording of hymns of my own...

Jadon Lavik's Roots Run Deep is a collection of hymns, just the way I like them. Simple instrumentation, not over-produced, easy to listen to and sing along with. If you have listened to Fernando Ortega's hymn arrangements you will recognize some similarities in the simple style, and you'll even hear Fernando singing on one of the tracks

Check it out!

Enjoy!

PS anyone want to do a hymn project with me?

2 comments:

  1. 8/25/09
    Yes - I agree - Jadon is easy to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Hey I wrote a song that goes with My Redeemer lives. Maybe we will do it when I come in.

    ReplyDelete