Sunday, May 10, 2009

Music for Sunday May 10th

Music at 10:00

Continuing on with the series- walking in the light of.... This week: Walking in the light of victory, through obedience- I John 5


Preservice-

Our God Saves- (we introduced this for the first time at north campus, it went well. We did it in C, changing the low G's and A's to C's so the melody wouldn't go down too low. In D the chorus lands on a D so much, which is just not a comfortable note for women to sing for extended periods of time. Of course Paul Baloche has a cool guitar part... in D. I'm never as sensitive as I should probably be to cool guitar parts written in a certain key for a reason, because I'm not a guitar player.)

Call to Worship

I am Free
All the Earth will Sing Your Praises - (we did these two songs as a medley in E, reprising the verse and chorus of All the Earth after the confession and absolution time. With the tempo of these songs so similar, the medley worked well)

Anthem-
As for Me and My House- by Morris? Chapman- sung by the children's choir and their mom's and grandmothers- they sounded great! ( Having the kids joined by their mom's and grandmom's for mother's day has been a tradition of ours for about 10 years. Seeing/hearing them sing together is priceless. The song As for me and my House, is a perfect lyrical choice, although the verses get a little low, and may work best as a solo)

Closing-
Jesus All for Jesus ( this song will never get old for me, as the lyrics are so powerful-)

We sang this song as the closing song, after a message today from Pastor Hudson, that was personal, heartfelt, and meaningful to us all. Thank you Pastor Hudson for everything!

Jesus all for Jesus, all I am and have and ever hope to be
All of my ambitions hopes and plans, I surrender all into your hands
For its only in your will that I am free

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sanctuary1010 music

Dan and Don took the reigns music wise at Sanctuary this Sunday

opening set-
Be Thou my Vision- in D (hymn)
Jesus All for Jesus- In D then going back into the last verse of Be Thou My Vision

after time of confession
Amazing Grace/ My Chains are Gone

Closing set
I Saw the Light
I'll Fly Away
( I printed these songs off in E for the guys, only because I am uber sensitive about songs being in a good range for the girls in the congregation, of course anyone who knows these songs knows that they are traditionally played in G, but the girls would have been squeaking!! Here's hoping Dan and Don didn't go with tradition! :) )

See here for the planning center outline

---------------------------------------------------

This post is part of a blog carnival at Fred McKinnon's blog, click here, to see worship set lists from all around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment