Sunday, May 17, 2009

Music for Sunday May 17th

Today at both campuses we talked about stewardship. Money. A difficult subject sometimes, especially now in these hard economic times. I've struggled with my giving over the years, as a single mom, trying to make ends meet, it never seems that their will be enough at the end of the month. but every year on stewardship Sunday, I am renewed in my my desire to take further steps of faith, and to learn to trust God more.

10:00 music-

Preservice-

Our God Saves- the second week for introducing this song. We have been doing an arrangement pretty close to the Paul Baloche original, but it seems sooo long. otherwise, it went well.

Opening song-

Come Thou Fount/Come Thou King (C) - Our church loves to sing this song. I like it in C, rather than the original D for the vocals. There is nice arrangement at praisecharts.com.

Song after absolution-

Your Grace is Enough- another song our church loves to sing, We typically drop out the instruments on the chorus after a reprise of the pre-chorus, and the people really lift their voices. Awesome

Songs during communion-

You are my All in All- (in F, with modulation to G)
Mighty to Save (in G)

Closing-

Take My Life (Chris Tomlin version)- we had a sololist- great job Kristin- sing this reflectively as the congregation prayed over their commitment cards, and brought them to the front.

Notes: I had the children's choir singing for the last time this season, they sang Love the Lord Your God ( by Linclon Brewster) and Lifesong (by Casting Crowns). They sounded great as usual. Thanks for a great year guys!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sanctuary music

Nathan Fisher led music this Sunday. Nice mix of originals, and redone hymns., including my new favorite Nathan Fisher original "You uphold the weak" Can't wait until he does a recording of some sort so I can share.

Check out the service plan, at planning center online right HERE! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to read about more set lists from around the world? check out fred mckinnon's blog here

3 comments:

  1. Sweet! I love a Children's Choir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mighty to Save... but I can't seem to settle on what key to do it in..especially when I don't have a strong male vocal...
    I did it this week in D, and I'm not sure what I thought of that....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Steff...the children's choir must be a consistent highlight.

    I love the use of a soloist during a prayer or meditation time. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete