Thursday, April 29, 2010

new Music Thursday!

So I'm a day late on my New Music Wednesday Post, that I just started last week, it's pretty new, so I'll call it New Music Thursday this week!  Disclaimer about the music that I will post on here in the future-  it is new to me.  it may not be new "on the scene".  Just new to me, and posted here for your enjoyment!

So here we go!   I'm really enjoying this song Refuge by the folks over at Sojourn Music.  Sojourn is a worship community in KY that produce a lot of great music!  Check out their music page and blog here

Their latest record is one based on hymns written  by Issac Watts ( a famous hymn writer- Joy to the World, When I survey the wondrous Cross- who lived from 1674-1748)

Love this song Refuge(adapted from "Psalm 31, pt 1)  Here is a snippet!





I know my days are in Your hands though I draw near to dust. 
You are the God in whom I trust. 
 You are my refuge. 
So lift up your voice and sing a loud, and praise Him, all you saints. 
 How wondrous is His grace? 
 He is our refuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment