Sunday, April 18, 2010

Not by might, nor by Power!

Greetings!

Today at Sanctuary Pastor James preached his STRONG sermon. Wanna know what I mean? Check out the sermon recording at www.ilcdg.org

I really appreciated Pastor James' message that strength in our belief and faith in the resurrected Jesus, comes not from what we can do, but from how the Holy Spirit works within us.

I really enjoyed putting the music together for today, and was looking forward to singing with Pastor James, who has an unusually amazing voice for a Pastor (not to mention a pastor who can lift a lot of weight during a service! see STRONG sermon above)

Rather than our 'typical' opening worship set, we saved the music to be used as a response after the message. We sang Hillsong's Stronger after the message. I thought it fit well with the message, and I was feeling pretty good about everything when, bam! My 10 year old, always reliable, Roland keyboard stopped working. This was particularly eventful because it was a piano only Sunday, so there was no other instruments, and not a harmonica or accordion in sight! My old faithful then proceeded to cut in and out throughout the song, losing power and then gaining power and back and forth. Despite our valiant efforts (Don literally sitting in front of the keyboard holding the power cord in place, the keyboard (and its electrical power) failed us.

We proceeded through the service singing the rest of the songs A Cappella
I know My Redeemer Lives (the beloved Easter hymn)
In Christ Alone by the Getty's
I Will Rise by Chris Tomlin

I'm not sure Pastor James and I sounded all that great without the comfort of the piano behind us but it was a beautiful, beautiful thing hearing the congregation sing despite lack of accompaniment. A beautiful, Spirit led thing!


Check out what other churches sang this past week right here

1 comment:

  1. You led beautifully, and I think everyone stepped it up to fill in for the missing keyboard. It was an awesome service! I wish we had the message on video!

    ReplyDelete