Saturday, April 18, 2009

Concert a Week- # 5

Concert # 5 in my concert a week project, included a lovely lunch, so I will start by giving a shout out to a lunch spot called Travelers Cafe, and recommend that if you are in the Westmont area you should check it out. Travelers Cafe, is a friendly, comfortable place that serves up humble breakfast food, sandwiches, soups, salads and some comfort food specials. It also appears that they are a bakery, making among other things, made to order speciality cakes. All the food is homemade, and my tuna on wheat, with a side of delicious cole slaw, was a great accompaniment to the music I came to hear.

Saturday April 11th 11am-1pm Rich and Vicki Ingle entertained us with thier group, Comfort Food... a very fitting title for a group playing at this venue. Rich and Vicki, sang together, Rich on acoustic guitar, and Vicki switching back and forth from acoustic guitar to acoustic bass.

( Acoustic bass... I bought one once, with the idea that I could play in a band somewhere that just happened to need an acoustic bass in their group, along with a bass player who only knew how to play Down on the Corner, Brown Eyed Girl, and Knockin on Heavens Door. After about a day of having the wonderful instrument in my house, I realized I couldn't really afford this dream (the bass), and brought it back to the store, who initially refused to take it back, but that's another story, and all ended well anyway.)

Rich and Vicki unpretentiously sang the stories of our lives through folk songs, their originals and others, and talked to the audience, and made us feel like we are at home in our living room, listening to their music. Good food, good music, and and even a free cd to take home courtesy of Rich and Vicki themselves!

Travelers Cafe appears to have different musicians every Saturday from 11am-1pm, definitely worth a return trip... be sure to call first to be sure.

1 comment:

  1. You make me want to join your concert a week group. By the way, I really appreciate this blog.

    ReplyDelete