Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm an idol watcher

Yes, I'm one of the 30 million or so American Idol watchers out there, although I will also admit, this is the first season, that I'm beginning to think, the contest is fixed... At any rate, I enjoy watching the contestants sing, and grow as singers throughout the competition, I also enjoy hearing what constitutes "good singing", or a "good performance" according to the judges. While watching, I often, very kindly of course, judge the contestants myself, listening for pitch problems, bad tone, rhythm issues, and the like. I even recommend watching the show to those involved in the praise choir, because I think it is a good way, to listen to a few different styles of pop singing, and to develop an ear for the sound of a pleasant voice, or a not so pleasant voice as the case may be.

A number of contestants in years past, including Jordan Sparks and Chris Sligh have been worship leaders in their home churches. This year, Danny Gokey, Kris Allen and Michael Sarver, all contestants in the top 11, are listed as worship leaders in their home congregations.

Results are tonight... I hope our worship leaders do well!

No comments:

Post a Comment