Sunday, March 22, 2009

Music for Sunday March 22

Today at both Sanctuary and Immanuel we identified with Nicodemus as a seeker from John 3:1-20. Jesus welcomes the seeker- we don't have to hide our doubts or questions we can meet Jesus in the light.




At 10:00 the Praise Choir and Joyful Noise children's choir joined worship leader Gina, in leading us in music.

Mighty to Save - I use the Laura Story version from www.praisecharts.com. I like this version because it fits our instrumental set up well

Worship set- the children's choir joined us in this worship set and sounded lovely singing out on the chorus of Here I am to Worship, I love the addition of children's voices singing along with familiar worship choruses. We began contemporary worship 12 years ago at our church, and so the kids in the choir have really grown up with this music, and sing these songs from memory (from their hearts), so beautifully, one can't help but be engaged in the worship.
I could Sing of Your Love Forever- in D
Here I am to Worship - in D
Amazing Love/You are My King - in D

Closing Song- although the kids did not sing from the front on this one, I heard them loud and clear from the pews. In fact the whole congregation really sung out on this song this morning. Praise God for that! I can't wait to reprise it on Easter Sunday, with full choir, and band!
The Wonder of your Cross- (we used the praise charts arrangements, but we transposed to G for our female worship leader)

----------------------------------------
At Sanctuary- ( I was not at Sanctuary this morning but would have loved to be, as I love the songs We are Yours and Dwell, and would like to know how "a new Hallelujah" went since they introduced it for the first time)
We Fall Down
We are Yours
Dwell
Closing song-
A New Hallelujah

----------------------

Interested in what songs other churches did this Sunday? Check out
www.fredmckinnon.com/myblog/2009/03/22/sunday-setlists-35/


3 comments:

  1. great songs- and what a great flow with the children's choir- bet that was awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always amazing when kids sing out their heart to God! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome I bet the childrens choir was sweet! Love it.

    ReplyDelete