Saturday, March 28, 2009

Singing at St Paul


Yesterday I had the opportunity to practice with Mia for a recording session next week. What a great afternoon of low key, low pressure, practice and worship. I am excited, but nervous about this opportunity. I get nervous about the quality of my voice, and my abilities to find (and key here- remember- harmony parts). But Mia makes the whole process simple, and comfortable.

*******************************

The church we were practicing at, St Paul, looks like it was built in the late 60's and is a cavernous space, surrounded in glass and light. Every time I'm there I wish there were 400 people in there with me, singing there hearts out, with the voices echoing throughout the room.

The banner below was created by a member of the congregation, who happens to be my son's tennis coach! Its beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment