Sunday, March 15, 2009

Music for Sunday March 15

Today we were in the 3rd week of a series where we have been identifying with 7 people that Jesus meets on the way to the cross. Today listening to John 2:13-22 we identified with those in the temple, as having spiritual "blind spots" that keep us and others from having a relationship with Jesus.

Music at 10:00 service-
Kristin- worship leader, Frank on lead guitar, Scott and Kevin on acoustic ( Scott brought his new electric, and played rhythm with it on a few songs, Dean on keys

Call to Worship-
Hosanna/Praise is Rising - in E
Open the Eyes of My Heart - in E
prayer
Psalm 19/May the Words of My Mouth
Offering- Frank played a lovely arrangement of The old Rugged Cross
Communion-
The Lamb
In Christ Alone
Closing song-
Amazing Grace

Music at Sanctuary1010-

I played and worship led at Sanctuary this Sunday, just me and the piano

Opening worship set
Be thou My Vision- in C
Once Again -in C
When I survey the Wondrous Cross- in C

( I really liked this worship set and how the songs flowed together thematically, but I set them pretty low to accommodate my limited range, and it may have made it difficult for the congregation to sing. Be Thou My Vision has a large range in it, so its hard to find a comfortable key... key of D gets to high for me on that song, because it goes up to a D, which I find to be about the highest note that girls can sing comfortably, but its still a stretch. Putting Be Thou my Vision in C, puts the lowest note as a G.... to low! I usually improvise a little on the song and sing the G's as C's, but it didn't work today, as I heard everyone singing the melody anyway)

during communion we played a cd of David Crowders- The Remedy, and Deliver Me, both great songs.

After communion/Face to Face we prayed together using petitions asking God to help us find our blindspots in our homes/work/school/community/world. between each petition, we sang a chorus:

Overturn, overturn overturn my life so I might know you more
Overturn, overturn, overturn my life so I might serve you Lord



We closed out the service with an acapella verse of Amazing Grace.

Interested in seeing other churches worship sets for the week? Check out Fred McKinnon's blog where 60 or so other people have links to their weekly sets
www.fredmckinnon.com/myblog/2009/03/15/sunday-setlists-34/




1 comment:

  1. Love "When I survey" is one of my favorite hymns. Love the Kathryn Scott version.

    ReplyDelete