Monday, March 9, 2009

Music for Sunday March 8

This past Sunday at both campuses, we talked about Peter, and his "waffling" We also looked at Mark 9:24 "Lord i believe, help thou my unbelief", a prayer I appreciate and use.

I played keyboards at 10:00 and sang with Phil who was worship leading. We had a new drummer who was planning on coming, but after a hard rain, he had water in his basement, and could not make it. Right before the service started I looked out into the congregation and saw Byron...what do ya know, Byron agreed to play at the last minute. A little unconventional, but good times were had, and good music was made.

Music At 10:00-
Come Now is The Time to Worship- in C
My Savior My God-in C
Your Grace is Enough- in D
Lord Have Mercy by Steve Merkel (we used vs 1 of this as a confessional response of sorts after the sermon- Pastor had the congregation kneel for the first time through, then they stood for the second time through)
The Wonder of Your Cross- in A

Music at Sanctuary-
Lord I Believe- Dan took the passage from Mark 9:24, and wrote a chorus with it. The chorus was interspersed throughout the service as so:

Lord I believe
congregation reads Matthew 14:25-31 silently
We Fall Down
congregation reads Matthew 16:13-17,21,23 silently
O Lord Your Beautiful (vs 1 and 2)
congregation reads Luke 22: 31-33, 54-62
Lord I believe

later in the service we used the chorus again
Lord I believe
Apostles Creed
Lord I believe
Benediction
All I Need Is You by Marty Sampson

No comments:

Post a Comment